If you want to use paper towels that are good for the environment, Papaya Paper Towels are a great option. In this review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this product. From key features to care instructions and much more to help you decide if they’re right for your or not.
Papaya Paper Towels are a reusable paper towel product created by Papaya Reusables, a company focused on reducing single-use waste through innovative solutions.
These paper towels are made from a blend of 70% cellulose derived from bamboo and 30% organic cotton. Unlike traditional paper towels, they are completely compostable at the end of their lifespan.
Papaya Reusables claims their each towel can replace up to 17 rolls of standard paper towels. This saves money on continuous purchases of disposable paper products and significantly reduces landfill waste.
The company offers the towels in multi-packs of 2, 4 or 6 with a variety of fun, colorful prints. The paper towels measure 6.6 by 7.8 inches in size.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reusable and compostable: These towels are a great choice because you can use them again and again. Each towel can be used up to 100 times.
- Highly absorbent: Thanks to the blend of cellulose and cotton, they are remarkably absorbent. They soak up spills quickly.
- Durable and lint-free: These towels stand up well to repeated washing, drying, and reuse. They are durable and lint-free.
- Soft texture: These towels have a soft, cottony texture that makes them comfortable to use on hands and dishes.
- Convenient size: The towels measure 6.6” x 7.8” – an ideal size for wiping counters, cleaning dishes, and other kitchen tasks.
- Eco-friendly: By reducing paper waste, they are an eco-friendly alternative to single-use paper towels.
Pros and Cons
- Reusable and reduce paper waste
- Compostable at end of lifespan
- Soft, absorbent texture
- Durable through repeated use
- Convenient size for kitchen use
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Fun, colorful patterns
- Higher upfront cost than paper towels
- Limited size options (only one size available)
- Not as disposable as traditional paper towels
|Materials||70% cellulose (from bamboo), 30% organic cotton|
|Size||6.6 x 7.8 inches|
|Packaging Options||2-pack, 4-pack, 6-pack|
|Target Audience||Eco-conscious consumers looking to reduce paper waste|
|Absorbency||High – absorbs spills and messes|
|Texture||Soft, cottony texture|
|Laundering||Can be washed up to 80 times|
|Composability||Fully compostable in commercial facilities|
User Experience and Reviews
Overall, customers who have purchased these towels are very satisfied. Here are some user reviews:
“I love that they don’t smell, that I can put in the dishwasher. Used to go through so many paper towels. Now I save money with Papaya towels. Best part I’m supporting female entrepreneurship”
“So far they are Great! ,Absorbent, spray off pretty clean.”
“Very handy and cute designs”
Here are the care instructions from the manufacturer:
For everyday use: Rinse towels with soap and water (or just water) after use to remove residue. Wring out excess moisture and hang to air dry fully before next use.
For a deeper clean: Wash the towels in a washing machine with cold water on a gentle cycle. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Tumble dry low. Avoid over-drying.
Proper caring will maximize their lifespan and ensure they keep absorbing efficiently wash after wash.
Where to Buy Papaya Paper Towels
You can purchase them directly from their website.
They offer multiple options:
- 2-pack of towels for $18
- 4-pack of towels for $36
- 6-pack of towels for $54
The company offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied with the paper towels. These towels are in high demand, so hurry up and get your hands on them before they run out of stock!
Alternatives to Consider
If you like the idea of reusable paper towels but want to explore other options, here are a few alternatives to consider:
- Also made of renewable bamboo fibers.
- Very absorbent.
- Widely available in stores and online
- Come in endless colors and patterns
- Need to dedicate space for drying and storage
- Extremely absorbent and durable.
- Different texture than cotton towels.
- Require frequent washing.
While purchasing consider your budget, style preferences, and care requirements.
I highly recommend Papaya Paper Towels because they are good alternative to paper towels. They are made from durable and absorbent materials, so they can be used for a variety of tasks. They are also eco-friendly and come in a convenient size.
I would recommend these towels to:
- Environmentally conscious consumers looking to reduce paper waste
- Households that frequently use paper towels for cleaning and dishes
- Those with active, busy families that require durable towels
- People who appreciate brightly colored and stylish kitchen accessories
- Those without space limitations for drying and storing reusable towels
The only downsides is the cost and the extra steps required in washing and drying the towels. But for most users, the pros of durability and cutting paper towel waste will outweigh these factors.
- All information is sourced from Papaya Reusables Website.
Is Papaya paper towels worth it?
Yes, Papaya towels are an eco-friendly alternative to paper towels. Though the upfront cost is higher, each towel can replace 17 rolls of paper towels over its lifetime.
How long do Papaya paper towels last?
With proper care like air drying and washing, each Papaya towel can be reused 100 times or for 2-6 months depending on frequency of use.
Who made Papaya paper towels?
Papaya paper towels were created by Rena Green and Eric Prisman, co-founders of the company Papaya Reusables.
Where do you hang Papaya paper towels?
Hang Papaya towels on a rod, rack or clothesline to fully air dry after each use. Storing damp towels can promote mildew growth.
Explore More Towel Reviews