Onsen towels are getting more and more popular because they are really good quality, comfy, and absorbent. These towels are made from 100% Supima cotton and have a special waffle weave texture. They are made to give you a fancy and spa-like bathing experience at home.
In this review, we’ll take a close look at the key features, pros and cons, product details, user experiences and more to help you determine if these premium towels are worth investing in or not.
Onsen Towels are manufactured by Pattern Brands and made from 100% American-grown Supima cotton, which is an extra long staple cotton known for its strength, softness and ability to hold vivid dyed colors.
They come in a variety of sizes including bath towels, hand towels, bath sheets and face towels. Onsen specializes in waffle weave towels, which have a distinctive textured waffle pattern that makes them more absorbent and quick-drying compared to other weaves. The towels also feature oversized dimensions, hand-finished craftsmanship and vibrant dyed colors.
Key Features and Benefits
Here are some of the standout features and benefits:
- Made from 100% American Grown Supima Cotton – Supima cotton fibers are longer than regular cotton and provide extra strength and durability. The towels get softer with each wash while maintaining their shape and appearance.
- Unique Waffle Weave Texture – The distinctive waffle pattern makes the towels light, breathable and highly absorbent. The texture also dries quickly, preventing mildew and bacteria growth.
- Vibrant, Long-Lasting Colors – The 100% Supima Cotton takes dye exceptionally well, resulting in rich, vivid hues that last through many washes.
- Soft & Absorbent – The long Supima cotton fibers create a smooth, soft yarn that gets even softer and more absorbent over time. The waffle weave further maximizes absorbency.
- Quick Drying – The waffled texture allows Onsen towels to dry faster than other weaves, preventing bacteria and mildew growth.
Pros and Cons
Here are the key specs and product details for the Onsen towel lineup:
|Material||100% American Grown Supima Cotton|
|Size||Bath Towel (31” x 57”), Hand Towel (16” x 30”), Bath Sheet (38” x 67″), Face Towel (12″ x 12″)|
|Color||Limited Colors Available|
|Price||Bath Towel: $50 – $120, Hand Towel: $20, Bath Sheet: $80 – $160, Face Towel: $12|
|Manufacturing||Made in China and Turkey to Pattern Brand’s specifications using cotton grown in the USA|
User Reviews and Experiences
Onsen towels are generally well-reviewed across various websites like Amazon, and their own website. Many users call them the softest, most luxurious towels they’ve owned. People love the look and feel of the waffle weave and say they launder well.
The main complaints are the relatively high price and limited color selection. A few noted minor issues with shedding or wish the sizing went even bigger.
Here are some user reviews you can read all reviews on their website:
“These towels do not age, they absorb! They are so lightweight. They are perfect except I wish you had a bigger color selection. I specifically want a seafoam green thank you!”5/5 Rating.
Towel Caring Instructions
Caring is simple:
- Machine wash cold using a gentle, mild detergent. Avoid fabric softeners and bleach.
- Tumble dry low to preserve the cotton fibers and avoid shrinking. Remove promptly from dryer.
- Wash towels regularly as needed to maximize softness and absorption.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach that can damage the cotton fibers.
- Fold neatly or hang to dry to maintain the luxurious look and feel.
Proper care will help your towels last for years while maintaining their ultra-soft, quick-drying, absorbent qualities. With regular washing, the waffle weave is designed to get even softer and more absorbent over time.
Where to Buy Onsen Towels
Onsen Towels are primarily sold through the Onsen website, where customers can purchase individual towels or full sets. The towels are also available from select retail partners:
- Onsen Website – Individual towels or full sets available for order
- Amazon – Limited color and size options sold through Amazon marketplace
Onsen offers free shipping in USA on orders over $95 and and International order above $195. Returns or exchanges can be processed within 60 days of purchase, but the customer pays return shipping costs.
Top Alternatives to Consider
Onsen waffle weave towels definitely come at a luxury price point. Here are some alternative high-quality towel brands to also consider:
- Coyuchi Cloud Loom Organic Towels – Made of 100% organic cotton in a soft honeycomb textured weave.
- Brooklinen Super-Plush Towels – Ultra-soft Turkish cotton towels in lots of color choices.
- Pinzon Velvet Plush Towels – Amazon’s own luxury towel line offers stunning velvety-soft Supima cotton at reasonable prices.
While not exactly matching the unique waffle texture of Onsen, these alternatives provide luxurious towels made of organic materials and high-quality long-staple cottons. They are excellent options to consider for soft, absorbent and quick-drying bath towels.
We have done a lot of research and found that Onsen towels are the best luxury bath towels on the market. They are made from high-quality materials and are very soft, absorbent, and durable. If you are looking for the best possible bath towel, we highly recommend Onsen towels.
If you’re just looking for basic towels, there are definitely cheaper options available. But if you’re willing to spend more for top-quality towels, Onsen towels are an excellent choice.
- All information is sourced from Onsen Website.
What is an Onsen towel?
An Onsen towel is a high-quality bath towel made from 100% American-grown Supima cotton, known for its strength, softness, and vibrant colors.
Are Onsen bath towels good?
Yes, Onsen bath towels are well-known for their exceptional quality, softness, and durability, offering a luxurious bathing experience.
Where are Onsen towels manufactured?
Onsen towels are crafted by Pattern Brands and made from 100% American-grown Supima cotton. They are manufactured in China and Turkey to Pattern Brand’s specifications.
How do you clean Onsen towels?
Machine wash with mild detergent in cold water, tumble dry low, and avoid bleach or fabric softeners for optimal care.
Explore More Towel Reviews